Dr. Winston Lee has been serving as the medical director of New York Artificial Kidney Center since 2004. He has been practicing in the field of nephrology in the New York City area since 2001.
Dr. Lee is currently on staff at Coney Island Hospital, and is the director of clinical research for the division of nephrology at Maimonides Medical Center.
Born and raised in New York City, Dr. Lee attended Stuyvesant High School, and went on to receive both his BA and MD degrees at Boston University (1990-1997 Cum Laude). He completed medical residency at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, followed by nephrology fellowship at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York.
- Board Certified in Nephrology and Internal Medicine
- Clinical Instructor, NYU Medical Center
- Assistant Professor, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Publications and Research Activity
- Lee W and Langhoff E. Polyoma Virus and Human Cancer. Graft 2002, 5 (suppl):73-81
- Lee W, Poles MA and Dieterich DT. HIV and Hepatitis Virus Infection. Current Hepatitis Reports 2002, 1:30-37.
- Lee W and Dieterich DT. Challenges in the Management of Hepatitis C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Co-infection. Drugs 2004, 64:693-700.
- Lee W, Klotman P, Klotman M, Cohl E, Winston J. Natural History of Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Associated Nephropathy in the Era of Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. Oral presentation, ASN 2003 Renal Week, San Diego, CA.
- Lee W and Langhoff E. Polyoma Virus in Human Cancer Development. Polyoma virus and Human Diseases ed. Ahsan N. Eurekah, 2006.
- Janga KC, Greenberg S, Fein E, Shneyderman I, Hollander G, Hingorani A, Lee W. The Effect of Arteriovenous Dialysis Access Creation on Pulmonary Artery Pressure in Hemodialysis Patients. Medicine On-line, the International Journal of Medicine http://priory.com/med.htm. July 2010.
- Soteriou A, Lee W and Greenberg S. Automated External Defibrillators in Hemodialysis; an Immediate Impact on Survival. Poster 2005 ASN Renal Week, Philadelphia, PA.
- Janga K, Lee W, Greenberg S, Greenberg M, Sharma S, Hollander G. Incidence and Progression of Pulmonary Hypertension Depending on the Type and Position of Vascular Access in Maintenance Hemodialysis Patients. SAPO558 2007 ASN Renal Week, San Francisco, CA.
- Nasika S, Goel SK, Krinsky R, Janga K, Gadde S, Greenberg S, Lee W. Incidence, Etiology and Outcomes of Hospital Acquired Acute Renal Failure in the Elderly. Poster 2008 National Kidney Foundation Spring Clinical Meeting, Dallas, TX.
- Bhamidipati VS, Greenberg S, Lee W. Acute Renal Failure in the ICU: an Outcomes Study Based on the APACHE Scoring System. Poster 2008 ASN Renal Week, Philadelphia, PA.
- Janga K, Greenberg S, Fein E, Shneyderman I, Hollander G, Hingorani A, Lee W. The Effect Of Arteriovenous Dialysis Access Creation On Pulmonary Artery Pressures In Hemodialysis Patients. External Link, July 2010.
- Principal Investigator, Amgen Protocol 20040180. An Open-Label, Single-arm Study to Assess the Safety of Darbepoetin Alfa Manufactured by a Serum Free Bioreactor Technology in Subjects with Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Principal Investigator, Amgen Protocol 20070664. A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Parallel Group, Fixed Dose Study of AMG 223 in Subjects with Chronic Kidney Disease on Hemodialysis with Hyperphosphatemia.